BSR unusual heat ring

DPHighfill

I picked up a BSR with the heat ring with the X pattern in the center at an auction yesterday. Are these very common? I don't think I have ever came across one.

Thanks for the info. I did a search but didn't know what to call it for sure. I'll post a pic when it comes out of the lye bath.

Hope I'm not hijacking someone else's thread, but I bought a Wagner with the three-bar design, and it had a badly chipped greenish coating on the inside sides and on part of the cooking surface. I assumed it was paint, but it sounds like it is part of the Teflon coating Dave mentioned in his referenced thread. my question is: is there any way to remove the rest of the Teflon coating? If not, can it still be used with the remaining Teflon coating?

I have read that it can be scrubbed off with scouring pads. Another suggestion was SCO, but fumes from that will kill your pet parakeet or other birds (seriously). Not sure I'd want to inhale that, either. Who's Dave?

I'll give the scouring pads a try. Sounds like a lot of elbow grease is gonna be involved in this project. After all, I don't want to kill the parakeet. Dave's a guy that works at the feed mill downtown. Thanks, Doug.

Back