Old Wagner Ware Double Boiler?

Jan L

I just was given this massively heavy pot and cannot find one word about it anywhere on the internet. Is it a double boiler and is it aluminum? How do I care for it? The larger pot is #2103, the cover #2103-M, and the inner pot #2103-F. My guess is it's about 12 qt.
When I search for Wagner Ware and that number, a cast iron skillet comes up, so I'm confused (and never owned a piece of this cookware before.)
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

I don't recall seeing this piece in either the RB or BB, but then I still find pieces in them I had not noticed before. Will have to look in them later when I have access. Not much should be required in the way of care besides not boiling it dry. The staining can often be lessened by boiling water with a few tbl. of cream of tartar. If you feel ambitious and want to polish it up, you can see:

http://www.castironcollector.com/aluminum.php

It is not shown in either the blue or red book, and the catalog numbers are not listed, either. By its apparent size, I would guess it was made as a commercial piece. Also, those numbers would fall in a range in which other Wagner commercial/hotel ware aluminum pieces were numbered. Interesting find.

The pattern number 2103 for a skillet pertains to both a Griswold #3 square fry skillet and also a Griswold #3 wood-handled aluminum piece.

Back