Thrift/Antique Shops

RJ Ruchti

Had a 2:30 Dr. appointment so we decided it would a good day to hit the thrift shops in this town we have not nosed around in before. Ended up with three pans for decent $$. I say decent as the price of CI is rising fast in this area. The square pan has an "O" on the bottom near the handle. No other marks of any kind found. Bottom is flat. It looks to me to be an unmarked Wagner but could be wrong. The chicken fryer is in good condition inside and out, but it does have a tendency to want to turn on a flat surface. Will probably be my user as a glass lid I bought several months ago fist perfectly on it. Wish I knew the details on that lid now as I have no idea other than Amazon. Third pan was so crudded up with numerous layers of crud and black paint nothing was legable on it anywhere. After 2 weeks in the lye and about 2.5 days in the E-tank I got it cleaned up fairly good. Took a wire brush to clean the bottom as there is some rust pitting. It is in the oven now for the first seasoning. Hoping that will bring the lettering our better but it is an old Griswold handle griddle. Will post photos of it after it cools down in a few hours, probably tomorrow. Gave $15 for it and the gal actd like she didn't want it on her counter! It roade home in the back of the truck.

Got the gridle out and seasoned today. Was pleasantly surprised to find a slant trademark handle griddle by Griswold. Top is very nice with nice milling marks. Bottom was rust pitted near the trademark but a wire brush got it cleaned up decent. Haven't researched the year it was made yet but guessing pre 1900? Price in the previous post should be $15, not $10.

IMG_3012.JPGIMG_3015.JPG

Your right Doug. I thought it was a slant when I first looked it over with my safety glasses on. When I realized it was the block it was to late to edit the post.

Back