New to Cast Ironcollector, found ineresting Griswold

Alan P

Hello,

A couple years ago my wife started doing house clean outs and now Estate sales. In the first couple houses she found some cast iron skillets and asked me to research thier value. I was quite surprised how collectable they are. I dug through our cabinets and found a few pieces. We thought about selling them so I cleaned a them up. Of course I had to try them and quickly remembered how much I enjoyed cooking with the old cast iron. (Because of our glass top stove I was only allowed to use our newer set of ceramic coated cast iron for the last few year's) Now that I am retired I have been looking for projects. In the last estate clean out my wife did I have found a couple of unique pieces. A Griswold #2 skillet and a Griswold stew/ bean pot. I have found a great deal of content on this site and certainly appreciate the information.

YAHOO FOR YOU
I have A Griswold #2 Skillet, fully marked, Large Block logo. (See attached Photo's.)
These are considered almost "rare" and as such may be quite valuable. (if in pristine condition)
I saw one listed on ETSY for $ 1750.00. Don't know what it actually went for.
Please post pictures.

Attachments

• Griswold #2 Skillet.jpg
    Griswold #2 Skillet.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Griswold #2 Skillet bottom.jpg
    Griswold #2 Skillet bottom.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 9
Thank you for the replies. I tried a couple times to post pictures but it keeps telling me the files are to large.

Here is a picture of the Griswold #2. It has a small chip but otherwise I think its in good shape.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-101148.png
    Screenshot_20240408-101148.png
    683 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240408-101208.png
    Screenshot_20240408-101208.png
    662.3 KB · Views: 10
Back