Identification Help! “7” marking on griddle with heat ring!

AimeeMegahee

Hello!

I received 2 griddles that I am trying to age, they were passed to me. I was told they were either my grandmothers or great grandmother’s so dating them would help with figuring out who had each pan! I will post them separately so that it’s not confusing looking through the pictures!

This one has a “7” on the handle, along with a small “1” on the bottom of the pan. It also has what appears to be a small gash under the handle. It also has a heat ring around the bottom.

Attachments

• IMG_9948.jpeg
    IMG_9948.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9951.jpeg
    IMG_9951.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 12
  • 7 Handle Small.jpeg
    7 Handle Small.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9950 Small.jpeg
    IMG_9950 Small.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9949 Small.jpeg
    IMG_9949 Small.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 13
As counterintuitive as it might sound, photos that are close-ups, or are small and dark, or are at angles, are less helpful in making identifications than simply two photos of the entire top and bottom of a pan, that include the handle, taken straight on and lit well enough to see markings and their placement.

As counterintuitive as it might sound, photos that are close-ups, or are small and dark, or are at angles, are less helpful in making identifications than simply two photos of the entire top and bottom of a pan, that include the handle, taken straight on and lit well enough to see markings and their placement.
Hey Doug, I tired to load “normal” pictures but it kept telling me my file size was too big, I kept making it smaller/less quality until it finally let me post. This is my first time posting, is there an alternative that accepts standard pictures (from my phone)? Would love to get some info on this pan and another so I welcome being educated on the best approach!
Thanks!

The "normal" image size on smartphone cameras these days is far above what's necessary for forum purposes, by a factor of probably 10x. For us to store multiple 30 megapixel uploaded images just to ID a skillet is overkill. Most phones offer the ability to capture images at lower resolutions than their maximum capability, it's just a matter of finding and temporarily adjusting the setting.

Back