Hey guys thanks for the welcome … I need some help with a piece of Wagner Ware

JStone

This piece has the number 1079A on it.
I really picked it up because it has a wooden handle.
I looked and looked online and found nothing.
I am interested in any info u got and a idea of value please.
It is 11"
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• IMG_5933.JPG
    IMG_5933.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5935.JPG
    IMG_5935.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5937.JPG
    IMG_5937.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5939.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 11
Wagner catalog number 1079 is a #9 wood handle skillet. The original handle would have been black lacquered, and attached with an eye bolt rather than the threaded rod and wingnut seen here. Wood handle iron skillets are seen less often than those with the typical part-of-the-casting iron handle. Wood handle skillets more often-seen are usually aluminum, because that metal's higher heat conductivity necessitated it.

Wagner catalog number 1079 is a #9 wood handle skillet. The original handle would have been black lacquered, and attached with an eye bolt rather than the threaded rod and wingnut seen here. Wood handle iron skillets are seen less often than those with the typical part-of-the-casting iron handle. Wood handle skillets more often-seen are usually aluminum, because that metal's higher heat conductivity necessitated it.
What would it bring resell ?
Thanks for the reply btw

Prices seen at different venues can vary widely enough that putting a value is usually futile, so I don't even try to make appraisals. Rather, I suggest looking at eBay "sold" prices to give a general idea (if there are several of the same to review and determine an average). Your skillet is reasonably scarce, but the sulfur pitting and the crude replacement handle detract from value.

Back