Griswold Square Skillet

A.Jackson

How rare are is a Griswold Square Skillet?

I think it's from the late 30's...correct me if I'm wrong.

It's rough right now but it will be put in the etank when I get back from vacay...but I think it will clean up nicely.

Once clean, what would you value a pan like this at?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1000010760.jpg
    1000010760.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 14
  • 1000010762.jpg
    1000010762.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 14
There are several Griswold square skillets, some with the handle on a side, like this one, others with it at a corner. The "late grooved" handle places Griswold pans late 1940s-1957. One of only a few pieces from that era to contain the "late large TM"-- although not all with the p/n 28 do-- it would tend to place this pan, the Square Fry skillet, at the very late end of that time frame. Also note it does not say ERIE, PA, but judging by the TM was made before the Wagner acquisition. Those with the "small block TM" and no ERIE, PA feel like they might be Wagner made, as the lettering has a serif font and proportions unlike the typical small block TM. These are also seen marked p/n 2108 and ERIE, PA. Years ago, the RB valued it (albeit one with the small block TM) at $30-40, but that is obviously outdated. All things considered, you might want to hang on to this one.

There are several Griswold square skillets, some with the handle on a side, like this one, others with it at a corner. The "late grooved" handle places Griswold pans late 1940s-1957. One of only a few pieces from that era to contain the "late large TM"-- although not all with the p/n 28 do-- it would tend to place this pan, the Square Fry skillet, at the very late end of that time frame. Also note it does not say ERIE, PA, but judging by the TM was made before the Wagner acquisition. Those with the "small block TM" and no ERIE, PA feel like they might be Wagner made, as the lettering has a serif font and proportions unlike the typical small block TM. These are also seen marked p/n 2108 and ERIE, PA. Years ago, the RB valued it (albeit one with the small block TM) at $30-40, but that is obviously outdated. All things considered, you might want to hang on to this one.
Thank you for the amazing information!!

Back