Fryer/Lid

RonnB

Fairly new but an avid cast iron fan. Found this and have never seen one. Any ideas? Fryer with a #8 skillet used as a lid

Fryer%20+.jpg

Last edited:
Best to pre-size those big images down to 800 wide before posting. I added the "rimg" tag to make it into a clickable thumbnail.

Pretty sure that looks like a Wagner set. Are there patent numbers in the outer rim under the top piece?

Just by changing the "IMG" in the opening and ending tag to "rIMG", and the forum software recognizes and reduces it.

I guess I should say Wagner in that the authors of the red book extrapolated that sets like this, otherwise unmarked except for patent numbers attributed to Wagner, are Wagner-made.

The red book photo shows the numbers as being on opposite sides of the handle of the lid/skillet, outside the positioning ring. There are also marked versions, with the Wagner stylized logo. I think it's safe to conclude Wagner made yours even if the patent numbers aren't there-- the pattern could have been modified for whatever reason at some point. The handle design is consistent with all versions shown.

Back