found a storage/display rack for dutch ovens (and maybe waffle irons)

D_Madden

found this fairly cheap at a local shop... I thought it would work for either dutch ovens or waffle irons (both of which I have too many sitting around and would like a better solution to storing and displaying)... I'll probably clean it up more and paint it (it has some rust in spots) it sort of works for dutch ovens but mostly the smaller ones... the top three are all griswold #6's... since they are the only size that would fit... below that are a #7, a #8 and in the space on the floor underneath is a #9... the rack flares out a little at the bottom... but not really enough to fit bigger sizes in the space provided.

Nice! Does it seem sturdy when all DO's are one it? Not wobbly? (from the pics, it looks like it could easily be knocked over)

Nice! Does it seem sturdy when all DO's are one it? Not wobbly? (from the pics, it looks like it could easily be knocked over)
it's solid... and welded.. .the three side bars seems to be solid steel/iron and the little triangle pieces in between them are welded, so they must be steel as well... I would like the legs to splay out a bit more... it would add to the stability and the sizes of dutch ovens I could fit on there.. but it isn't bad... if someone hit it pretty good it could tip though... but some stands like this that I've seen are like erector sets... with thin little pieces bolted together and those things don't seem sturdy at all, they sway when you look at them.

That looks really sharp. Heck of a collection of Griswold DOs you have there. 👍
sadly, this is only a small portion of the griswolds... there are a couple of 10's, a couple more 9's and 7's and at least one more 8 with raised letter lids... a couple of 8's with plain lids, iron mountain 8 and 9, puritan, lodge, martin, 5-6 favorites, ozark, a couple of wagners... then the camp ovens... I might try this rack out with high base waffle irons instead of dutch ovens... at least dutch ovens you can stack up... you can't easily do that with waffle irons.

Seems you have a really nice collection. I know im jealous! Do you have Wapaks as well Im sure you do.....thats my collection of choice.

Seems you have a really nice collection. I know im jealous! Do you have Wapaks as well Im sure you do.....thats my collection of choice.
lol... no.. I have like 3 wapak skillets... its like the one brand that I don't really even try to collect... I have a friend that lives in the same town I do that LOVES and collects wapak, so I tend to just let him know when I find it.

Back