And We're Back...

Doug D.

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to CIC Forums on the xenForo forum software platform. While it looks slightly different, hopefully users should have little problem adjusting to its basic operation. It was, after all, created by former developers of the vBulletin platform CIC used for the last ten years.

I guess about four hours to switch over wasn't all that bad. I failed to consider that DNS would also have to propagate for me before I could start the migration and installation. But it went nearly as smoothly as the test I did earlier in the week. Still a few cosmetic tweaks to figure out, but functionality-wise, it looks good.

Since the new software has responsiveness built in, meaning it natively adapts to tablets and mobile device screens, Tapatalk won't be available anymore; only a handful of members were using it anyway.

Image handling is much better now.

A handy add-on to the new software redirects any links to other old forum pages in existing posts to the new URL for the page.

PMs are now called Conversations, and are accessed via the envelope icon next to your user name when logged in. Those from the old forum have ported over.

A News Feed feature lets you follow the posts of other members in addition to threads you are watching.

If anything doesn't work as you expect or as it did on the old platform, I've created a sub-forum below this one where users can post questions and request help.

Well that explains everything. I just so happen to have made some changes on my computer and bookmarked a forum page that was not secure only to find out today. I must have bookmarked it during the change over, as soon as I saw the not secure lock I closed the window each time. Today I had time to dig a little further, so the old bookmark is gone, and here we are. Look at all the colors. Doug green is not my color but I can live with it. (y)

The not secure lock doesn't necessarily mean malicious, just that you may want to think twice about entering sensitive personal info like banking credentials on such a site. That has been resolved by the move to the new server, but any bookmarked links to the site that start "http://" should be edited to "https://". I was able to use a program to change all the internal links on the website, but some on the forum may remain until I can do a global search and replace here, too. As to the color, it appears to be random; on another xF forum mine is black on olive drab.

I understand about the not secure lock, I just did not have time to look into why. Like I said made some changes on my computer, so I was not sure if I messed with something at my end. Bookmarks have been updated, we are all good. As for the color guess it could have been worse like neon pink. :cool:

Back