Why this Favorite Piqua sold so high on Ebay??

Doug Edmunds

Hello. I saw a nice Piqua Breakfast skillet sell quite high on Ebay and I am trying to understand why.
It was a bidding war between several buyers and clearly they all wanted this piece. Just trying to
understand what is so special about this item. Any feedback on this will be appreciated. Thanks!

Ebay item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/355032294348

Attachments

• piqua-breakfast1.jpg
    piqua-breakfast1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 8
  • piqua-breakfast2.jpg
    piqua-breakfast2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9
Lot of times it is not necessarily the piece itself but the history behind it. Family member may have worked at that foundry, came from a city where family lived and worked, item may have belonged to a family member at one time. Personally, none of that would be worth the price paid to me.

Just rarity. I've never seen one in my years of collecting. The BB doesn't show it, only a shallow skillet this piece was apparently based on. Consider that Favorite's period of production was quite short, 1916 -1934, and several things they made were apparently not continued by CHF after they acquired Favorite's patterns. Favorite's Corn Pone pan for example, also not shown in the BB, commands a high price whenever one turns up for sale.

Back