Wagner Ware Waffle iron identification help!

Caleb Coulter

Hello, not totally new to collecting cast iron, but definitely getting a bit more into it than I have been in the past. I have an opportunity to pick up a Wagner Ware Sidney -0- waffle iron and wanted to know more about it before I do. It is stamped with a patent date of 1925, and a “1409.” I am finding 1408’s everywhere, but nothing about the 1409! Any ideas on value or information about it at all would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5500.jpeg
    IMG_5500.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24
A 1408 is a size #8, the most popular; a 1409 is a size #9. The irons having the catalog number inscribed means it was produced after ca. 1924. Wagner discontinued making waffle irons ca. 1941.

Thats what I wondered, just hardly finding anything about that number or size. Also, what is the trivet-looking thing with it? I have a Griswold waffle iron and it doesnt have one of those. Is it just to set the iron on after use?

Doesn't appear to be anything to do with the waffle iron. The bail handled base is all that would have come with it.

if i was a betting man, I would think that is a trivet for the waffle maker to sit on to cool off....once you take it off the stove

Back