Vintage Lodge?

Mark S

Can anyone confirm that this is what I believe to be a vintage Lodge footed skillet/dutch oven from the 1960's?

Thank you...

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 57
I'd say BSR, based on the handle and the screwhead QC mark. They did those tab handles when they first started using automation, before they figured out how to do the loop ones.

Thank you both! So, I got 1960's correct? This was previously owned by my parents for camping. Because they are footed, how can they be used other than on an open fire?

I believe BSR started automation in the 1950s. The lack of any "Made In USA" marking would tend to put it before 1960.

Thank you Doug!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Doug, What would this BSR model be called, & what is it worth?

Thank you!

Just a spider/camp oven. No published value in any collector guide. Hard to say, though, since, even if any sold recently on eBay, the identical one would be hard to find since most listings would probably not list the maker. In undamaged, already clean condition, with the lid, I would say ~ $75.

We have several camp ovens that we we were able to obtain for not much money. I have found that they do a super job on our gas stove because the feet sit down in the spaces of the burner. These camp ovens are heavier and thicker than our regular dutch ovens so they heat more evenly and don't slide around on the stove. We like them for everyday kitchen cooking and they have almost replaced our regular dutch ovens. I could be happy forever if all I had to cook in had three feet. David

Back