Vienna Bread Pan

Scott J.

My sister got some cast iron from a friend clearing out an estate. My sister didn't know what it is but found that it is a Vienna Bread Pan. Several references on the internet identify it as Lodge. One site indicates ca. 1950s.

There is nothing in the Lodge section of RB this size or style. The closest I could find regarding size and shape was Griswold, p121 of BB. But, the section between the wide parts of cups doesn't match. The Griswold appears to have a depression from the top side surface. I don't think it's Griswold due to that and the 2FB rather than No2 and there is no pattern number. That plus the estate has a lot of usable but not generally collectable cast iron.

Prices on the internet, EBAY and ETSY are all over the place, proving nothing. Are these most likely Lodge, are they ca. 1950s and are they at all rare. Anyone have one and use it?

Attachments

• 2FB-1.jpeg
    2FB-1.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2FB-2.jpeg
    2FB-2.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2FB-3.jpeg
    2FB-3.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 7
Lodge started marking their product with abbreviations (SK, DO, FB, etc.) in the mid '50s. Since it doesn't have "made in the U.S.A." on it, dating it to mid 50s to mid 60s would be pretty accurate.

Back