Value search

SFHertach

I have a sweet little #7 Erie long griddle. I see a lot of people posting on Facebook asking, "Who made this and what's it worth"? I don't want to be a bother asking the same sort of questions, but I do need to put a value on my piece. If somebody could point in the right direction to find information on this griddle, I would be grateful. Thank you friends.

eBay "sold" listings, online auction house results, Worthpoint (with subscription) are a few examples. Each with the caveat that the final price may have been inflated by whoever happened to be bidding on the particular item. If multiple eBay results are available, you can at least throw out the high and low selling prices. Blue and red book values are too dated now to be relied upon, but can give an indication of value relative to other sizes or versions of the piece in question, e.g. a #2 Griswold skillet vs. the more common #8.

Thank you Doug D. I am already familiar with everything you've mentioned with the exception of Worthpoint. I will look into it. Thanks again.

Back