Should I waste my time?

KALankford

Hello my name is Kathy. I have recently aquired 7 pieces of cast iron from my father. I have one in particular that has me questioning. It is obviously a griddle but it is called a Never Break 10. I have started the restoration process. It has gone through the lye bath and I am currently doing the rust removal. My question is should I waste my time restoring it? I imagine it's not worth anything other than the using of it. Am I correct in assuming it's worthlessness as anything collectable? You dont mention that brand on the forums. :confused:

Is it actually cast iron? The Never Break skillets I am familiar with are made of formed steel. Do you have a photo you can post?

Here is the what I presume the top is. You are probably right. steel. doesnt look like cast iron to me. So what do I do with it now? The vinegar bath is working to take the rust off. Lots of elbow grease. Will it need to be seasoned? How in the world will I keep it from rusting? Throw it away and relieve my headache?

Here are the bottom and trade mark as well.

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 32
You should be able to use the same kind of seasoning methods as cast iron to keep it from rusting.

Back