Roaster that is being gifted to me.

Scott Gammons

My brother was gifted this roaster and he has no use for it and doesn't care to restore it. Since I like old cast iron, he is gifting it to me. I asked for a photo of the bottom, but have not received it yet. He is recovering from a leg injury, so another photo may not be here for a while. It looks really nice. If anyone has any ideas on its origin and manufacturer etc, please pipe in.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14
I have one that looks just like that. Its a Marth Stewart Everyday I believe. Kinda new, but still works like an old one.

I just checked, its a Paula Deen. I got mine at GW.

Thank you for the heads up on it. I suspected it would likely be a more modern piece because it looks a bit fancy to be very old. Glad to have that confirmed.

I have a 7.3 qt enamel dutch oven already, so my intent with this one is to restore it as best I can and then pass it on to my nephew who will have a great deal of use for it. He has been looking for a cast iron dutch oven and this should work nicely. I've been giving him all the cool old cast iron pans that I find that I have duplicate sizes of already. Thus far he has received my #6 lodge from the 50's and my Wagner likely recast #5. Both had great seasoning on them and will serve him very well. This dutch oven will also be a prized possession of his once I get it restored for him.

It does look like fire damage. I hope it's not. Now that I read the information about the damage types, that makes me worry that I will not be able to bring it back from it's current state. If so, that will be very sad indeed. It's a beautiful piece. I am going to try to bring it back regardless. If I fail, at least I tried.

Here is my for reference. Sorry about the dust, its been awhile since I used it. Hope this helps. Its pretty heavy and the lid fits good.

Attachments

• PD.jpg
    PD.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PD2.jpg
    PD2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 10
Im not into the cooking shows and such, but its actaully made pretty well. I only paid 5 dollars for it at GW. Works good for a pork roast and sauerkraut!

Back