No notch lodge hotel skillet

Matt V

I have seen this skillet with and without "made in usa" . Would this skillet be earlier than the ones marked usa and is it indeed a lodge?
Screenshot_20230812-112147_Gallery.jpg

Lodge started putting SK (meaning skillet, DO meaning dutch oven, etc.) on their products in the mid '50's and added "made in the USA" in the mid '60's. The number and the SK are in the 12 O'clock position, which is typical of Lodge. I'd say, it's Lodge and was made in the decade prior to the addition of the "made in the USA" designation. (Mid to late '50's to mid '60's.)

Lodge started putting SK (meaning skillet, DO meaning dutch oven, etc.) on their products in the mid '50's and added "made in the USA" in the mid '60's. The number and the SK are in the 12 O'clock position, which is typical of Lodge. I'd say, it's Lodge and was made in the decade prior to the addition of the "made in the USA" designation. (Mid to late '50's to mid '60's.)
Thank you.

Don't know why it doesn't have notches. Mid '50's to mid'60's falls into the 3-notch timeframe. I guess Doug will have to answer that question.

Whatever the actual purpose of the notches on the #3 thru #14, it would appear they weren't considered necessary on a skillet not probably used on a home cook stove.

Looks like a Lodge to me too. I always wanted one of these, but a Griswold. Someday maybe............

Back