Need help with cast iron ID

EFoyt

Hi, new to the forum. I resently had some cast iron cookware pased down to me. I'm exited to get some of it cleaned up and put into my cooking rotation. Some of the cookware is easy to identify. I have a few small duch ovens with no tops that are griswolds...easy to identify since they say griswolds on them. Prob will not use to cook but will use as deceration. I used a youtube vidio to identify some logde skillets by spaces in the heat ring. I have some other pieces that I am unable to identify. I would love any information on brand or if it is good quality. So here is the first piece. A large skillet, 21 1/2 inches from one end to the end of the handle. Has a 14 stamped on back size. It is a lot smoother then the lodge inside the pan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 43
Definitely, if you have use for it. Large pans can be a challenge to cook in on a stovetop, though. Preheating it in the oven first and then straddling two burners might be the best way to go. Over a single burner, it won't heat up evenly, and there is a risk of warping or cracking if a small area of it is heated too fast.

Back