Made popcorn to test out the glass lid I found

SpurgeonH

Now that I have a lid for my Wagner Deep Fryer, I decided to pop some corn last night.

When I bought this lid, I only noticed one chip. When I washed it ... one chip. When I got it out of the cabinet to use it, I noticed two chips. I didn't see any glass chips laying around, so it must have been that way when I bought it. I definitely need to buy some stronger reading glasses.

GljUprE.jpg

KE89m7D.jpg

AuhgSJg.jpg

You,re welcome. I did it on my favorite butter dish. Holds 1/2 pound sticks from KerryGold

Its takes a while so be patient and be careful not to cut yourself thru the abrasive. I sliced my finger good

I find flea bites and chips in glass covers are more easily felt than seen. Just go about it with care.

I've done glass this way, I recently did a vintage Camaro side window that had a inch long narrow chip on just inside edge of top. Started with folded wet 150 sandpaper to take off sharp parts and then worked down to 220, and eventually 400. The higher you go you can blend it clear. Just keep the paper wet and work it till your satisfied with the results. And as said it will keep it from growing from the weakened chip area. Keep in mind how much you remove, you would be surprised how much you can remove from glass without a hammer:)

Just to add to find the higher/finer sandpaper your local paint shop will carry it, the automotive type. I stopped at 400 that's what I had in the garage. The window I did was just a spare I had with other parts I was selling off.

Last edited:
Back