Lodge DO w. Hammered Lid?

StueySF

I was happy to find this unmarked no. 8 DO with a hammered lid. I assume it is a Lodge based on the design of the drippers, but the size number under the lid (as well as the smaller pattern number) is raised, and the two drippers around the '8' are offset. The only marks on the bottom of the pot are an incised 8, and a raised pattern letter on the bottom of the pour tab.

Any thoughts who made this, and when?

https://picasaweb.google.com/114772661409714296598/StueySF#5977885812433210754

All the characteristics are indicative of Lodge for both pieces, but they were not likely sold together. The raised molder's mark places Lodge pieces 1940s and earlier. The raised size number would be ~ pre-1940, but the period of popularity of hammered ware would not place the lid too much earlier.

Thanks Doug! The lid had me stumped, and even after quite a bit of Internet searching I have not been able to find anything with similar marks to compare it too. The fit isn't bad, but not perfect, so it is not surprising it may not be original.
The quality and level of finish of the pot itself surprised me, compared to my more recent lodge pieces, so I'm quite content to have dropped $30 for this. Looking forward to cleaning it up and throwing a chicken in!

Back