Lid w/ Inverted Dimples and Ribbon or Stripes

MPachecoIII

Hello All,

I was antique shopping and found a BSR #8 skillet married to a lid I've never seen before. Although the lid has the inverted dimples of a Red Mountain, it has two stripes that go horizontal across the handle and vertical under the handle and align with stripes on the skillet (I don't have the skillet, but I have a photo of one). The look is so that the iron skillet is wrapped with ribbon.

If anyone know anything about who manufactured these or when, I'd greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Thank you, in advance.

Attachments

• 2016-05-30 14.15.23.jpg
    2016-05-30 14.15.23.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 2016-05-30 14.15.32.jpg
    2016-05-30 14.15.32.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 86
  • BSR Deep Fryer.jpg
    BSR Deep Fryer.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 75
That is NOT BSR. The look of the quality says it was made about 12,000 miles away from Alabama in somebody's back yard within the last 50 years. No touch.

Hilditch

This will probably clean up nicely, as have others I've seen. At least one source has attributed these (similar DOs are also seen) to Renfrow, but not conclusively. No one in the collecting community, however, is calling them imports.

It's not a Renfrow. I have Renfrow and doesn't have the tell tale signs of a Ren.

It's also not a back yard production nor 'new' (<50 years old) as I know someone who has one past down from her great grandmother (the lid married to another skillet, not the original skillet) but she knows little else about it.

Though it has the dimples of, and fits well on, a BSR, it wasn't manufactured by them. Who did is still a mystery. The hunt for information continues...

Resurrecting this thread. Any more info on these ribbon pattern unknowns? Who's got them and want to share some pics?

Still looking for more info about these. Acquired this Chicken Fryer lid.....Hopefully my DO will be here soon too. Wondering if anyone out there has the Dual Skillet set or DO's Fryers.......or any skillets....never seen a regular skillet with the same ribbon pattern. I will say......This lid fits my Pointy Handle unknown #8 *perfectly* down to the exact shape of the somewhat large pour spouts.......hmmm.......

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 115551.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 115551.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 4
Back