Heyhowyadoon? from seacoast NH

JFDaly

Hello all - It's been awhile since I posted on any kind of forum. I think that this one will provide me with some knowledge of substantial items rather than mere opinions of ethereal politics...
That said, does anyone have any knowledge about a #110 slant Griswold skillet-griddle, smooth bottom, no EPU, pn 203? The pan surface is 11" d, outside diameter at the rim is just 12 1/2"
(I tried to upload photos but it said the file was too large...any help?)

I'll try again with the pic...

Attachments

• 20221111_113535.jpg
    20221111_113535.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221111_113601.jpg
    20221111_113601.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221111_113547.jpg
    20221111_113547.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Griswold skillet griddles are kind of all over the map marking-wise. Slant logo, slant EPU, LBL. But no slant Erie, oddly enough. Seen both smooth bottom and heat ringed. The BB doesn't show one with your exact configuration, but it's probably ca. early 1920s.

I have a couple of 109 size. One early with pour spouts. One probably late 40s to 50s with helper tab but not pour spout.

One of my earlier posts with difficulty posting pictures. Scroll down a bit.

Without access to any color 'book' (red or blue) I'm kind of in the dark about how much to value said griddle skillet. Any help?

The book values are woefully out of date, the BB was last revised in 2012 and it does not appear the values were even updated then over the previous edition. At best, the values shown can help indicate how rare a particular size of piece is relative to a more common sibling (think a #2 Griswold skillet vs. a #8) . If there are enough of a particular piece to be found among recent eBay "sold" listings, that's about the best that can be had (even though most collectors consider eBay prices outrageous these days).

Well, thanks Doug. I've been looking via Google for any similar pans but the closest I can find is a #110 with heat ring and EPU. The price given was ridiculously high so I wondered if my smooth bottom #110 is a one-off and even more rare?

Not really any such thing as a one-off in commercially produced CI cookware. It may be more scarce than other versions, but without a documented recent sale, putting a value range on it isn't feasible.

Back