Help Identify Unmarked #8 Skillet

CMetheny

I have an unmarked #8 skillet which I am trying to identify (maker and age), with no success yet. It is pretty standard #8 size, as follow:
10 1/4" top diameter measured on inside of rim
8 3/4" bottom diameter (roughly, depends on how you measure)
2" depth measured from outside (1 7/8" from inside).

It has two somewhat large pour spouts. Side-gated.
The handle is marked on top with an incised #8 (no other marking anywhere on the pan).
The handle is pointed with a triangle cross-section and ridge running down the middle on the bottom.
The ridge on the bottom of the handle seems similar to Burmingham Stove & Range handles, but I haven't seen one from BSR with the pointed tip.
I think the handle is the most identifying feature, maybe also the shape of the pour spouts.
Some photos below. Sorry for the tons of crud on the pan. It wasn't cared for very well and hasn't been cleaned by me yet.
Any help or suggestions from y'all would be much appreciated.IMG_20240523_101326014r.jpgIMG_20240523_101338140r.jpgIMG_20240523_101355193r.jpgIMG_20240523_101408273r.jpgIMG_20240523_101439939r.jpg

I have also not seen a BSR with a pointed handle and no heat ring. But my experience is limited. I'll clean this up and post more photos.

The only BSR skillets without a heat ring would be their chicken fryer/deep skillets. Also, no BSR had a size number on the top of the handle.

Not sure this is gonna help, but I have an Alfred Anderson Krumkake Kornukopia Iron (similar to a waffle Iron) that is circa 1905. It was designed by Alfred Anderson & Co. Minneapolis but farmed out for production to Griswold. It has a base marked 975 W.I. Co. which is a Griswold base. The handle on the base is pointed like this skillet handle although more ornate. It's the only pointed handle that I've seen so far. I'm not that knowledgeable on Griswolds but could this be a Griswold skillet?

Attachments

• IMG_0404A.jpg
    IMG_0404A.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4
No real correlation in pointed handles. Griswold always put a p/n on their pieces, even unmarked ones like Iron Mountain.

Back