Griswold Hearts and Star Value?

KevinB

I saw one of these at an estate sale. It was the one with the small star. The top was in great shape while the bottom was very badly pitted/corroded. Everything visible, but really rough. No base. For $175 I passed. The price will go down over the next few days if it doesn't sell, and I'm wondering what it's worth as a rough example. They also had some other odd CI, including a large Wagner square chicken fryer for $250, and a large pot with feet. Gate marked and looking real old. Thanks for any help with the griddle.

Just curious did the ones you looked at also not have any markings? We picked these up a t a garage sale in the "free" box. They are rough casting but the inside is very smooth. If you find out any info we would greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• photo_2023-12-09_18-28-06.jpg
    photo_2023-12-09_18-28-06.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2023-12-09_18-27-54.jpg
    photo_2023-12-09_18-27-54.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 7
The OP is referring to Griswold heart and star waffle irons, whose nub patterns are divided into those shapes. Your pans look similar to those sold with mix to make individual cookies or brownies.

@KevinB $175 for a waffle iron with pitting damage and no base is unreasonable. Even at half the price, I would recommend passing altogether on this one.

The OP is referring to Griswold heart and star waffle irons, whose nub patterns are divided into those shapes. Your pans look similar to those sold with mix to make individual cookies or brownies.

@KevinB $175 for a waffle iron with pitting damage and no base is unreasonable. Even at half the price, I would recommend passing altogether on this one.
Thank you,
I appreciate the info.

Thanks. I decided to pass. If it had a base, or wasn't so pitted, I might have tried to talk them down.

Back