Griswold Apple Cooker

VHatthorn

I found this today at a local shop. They have it priced at $49 not sure if thats a good deal or not, any ideas ? It has No 32 and the word Griswold on the back. I also ran across a skillet with a bass fish jumping out of the water on the back of it but could not see any markings.

Attachments

• 1385058773561 (Small).jpg
    1385058773561 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 23
Griswold aebelskiver pans were made in a few marking variations, so would need to see which one. The pan with the fish sounds Lodge-- look for 3 notches in the heat ring.

I have made an attempt at using Picasa to upload the pictures hope this works.

OK maybe this will work now. The other number on the bottom is 962 and it says Erie PA. I was looking for the A designator but it only has 962.

That #32 is the early handle version and markings, 1923-1950s. $30-40 book value. 99% of the ones you see on eBay are the late handle versions made in the 60s and 70s. If not cracked or otherwise damaged, I'd consider trying to make a deal on it, maybe even going as high as asking price just because it's the lesser-seen early one.

I pulled the trigger on it and got it for $35. I will post some pictures once I get it through the Electro. vat. Thanks Doug:-D

Back