First Outing

T Rumley

Need help again guys. Until I get my books I do not know a good deal if it’s looking me in the face. For example the Griswold #14 which is very pitted has a price of 150 dollars. Is that a fair price? The plett pan is a Griswold #32, asking price is 85 dollars. Good or high? Found these on our first CI outing. Got some looks from the wife also. All advice is much appreciated.
Tim

https://picasaweb.google.com/114772661409714296598/TRumley

I would save the $150 for 2 maybe 3 other Griswold pieces I could find in very good condition. Crud and surface rust you can remove, but damage is damage, and is not worth spending good money on. A #32 would be an aebelskiver/danish cake pan. Depending on the markings, the Griswolds are book valued at $20-40. I added a link to the photos you sent to your post.

Doug,
Thanks so much for the photo link. I am not very computer savvy and the photos were giving me a lot of grief. My thoughts on the #14 are like yours, what can you do with pits? Again thanks for your knowledge and help.
Tim

T Rumley. Saw you are from Madison N.C. The flea market near you in Martinsviie Va.is a good place to look on Saturdays when the weather is warm.I have picked up a few pieces there. A man inside the one building there has some cast iron.

Morning John C,
Its been a while since I have gone to Martinsville. Are you talking about the flea market on north 220 going into Martinsville? If not will you point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Tim

That's the one.Old 220 on the left.Have to be there early to find a bargain.About a month ago I found a #10 W.Loth skillet with lid at the antique mall in Madison. Been after one of these for along time. You can see it on my photo album if you like. The Griswold Good Health #8 came from Martinsville the same day.

Back