Did BSR ever manufacture a double skillet / lid and base / like the Wagner Ware 5 Star / Bullseye combo?

Greg Brinkmann

Hello cast iron friends. I recently found what I think is a skillet lid that has the look of a BSR (with the classic ridged handle). It has the interior rib (see picture 1 and 3) that would fit inside the inner rim of a skillet and serve as a lid to seal when cooking. I have attached a few pictures.

I tried to find a similar combination skillet for BSR (like the Wagner Ware 5 Star / Bullseye combo and the Lodge 4 Way skillet and lid) on the web but without success.

Did BSR ever manufacture a double skillet that anyone knows of? Or said differently can you help me identify this lid and the corresponding mating part it goes to? I guess it could also be a cover for a dutch oven but since I have seen similiar lids on the Wagner 5 Star and Lodge 4 way I just thought someone like BSR might be offering their version. One distinction that those others have that this one does not have is the tab or hinge at the 12 o'clock position.

I have a BSR #7 skillet that it almost fits into but the pour spouts don't match perfectly like I have seen on the above mentioned Wagner and Lodge style.

Many thanks in advance for your experience and input on what this cast iron "belongs" with......

Greg

Attachments

• IMG_2085 resized.jpg
    IMG_2085 resized.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2087 resized.jpg
    IMG_2087 resized.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2088 resized.jpg
    IMG_2088 resized.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 12
I think they are called tab and notch combo cookers. I found this but the skillets don't quite match up.

Thanks Mike -- That tab and notch combo cooker is a good description. Mine does not have the notching that this listing shows but it is very similar in shape and no markings.

I have a John Johnson Mfg Co, Birmingham Alabama Pat. Pend. skillet/cover I picked up a while back. I figured it was a combo but didn't guess it was a part of a 3-piece set. Now I know what the other two pieces look like, I'll be searching the flea markets for them. I have never seen another John Johnson marked skillet or pot.

Doug -- this is awesome research -- I am grateful for your solid observation and backup history -- particularly the patent documents. This makes a great case for the Blankenship products. I certainly don't see them much but now I know what to keep an eye open for.

Back