Confirmation of I.D. please

I guess beginners start off with lids. So I found this lid yesterday, which I believe is a Griswold hammered finish lid to a hinged set.

Is this a Griswold lid, and what size number/part number is it? Not cleaned up yet, but the only marking besides the star and the "4 in 1" is on the handle, same side, that is either a "7" or an "L", not sure which. With handle at 6 o'clock, it's an "L". I assume this is a pattern makers mark or something.

The outside diameter at the lip is 9 1/2".

And what does the "4 in 1" mean? 4 different uses with one combination of pans?

And what was this intended to fit with?

Image Image Image

thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
It's the top to a Lodge 4 in 1 skillet set, aka a Foursome. They came in a plain finish, and in hammered, as you have here. 4 in 1 denotes that the 2 pieces, alone or in combination, supposedly served four purposes. They are sometimes confused with Griswold because of the similarity of the marking to a Griswold trademark, and also because Griswold made a double skillet set this Lodge set appears to have been copied from, right down to the handle shape.

Thanks Doug. Yep, the trademark led me down the Griswold trail, and the pics I saw looked very similar. Do you know the approx. years these were made, and if in different sizes?

Just the one size, I think. Probably 1940s forward. There is a version with plain skillet handles. A version currently exists Lodge now calls a combo cooker.

Back