Cheeseburger casserole

SpurgeonH

Cheeseburger casserole in a new Lodge #10. (not a very good picture)

OKUMm0L.jpg

That looks good, tell us what all you put in it. I love a casserole occasionally and make some of mine by what's in the pantry and fridge.

Steve,

Steve, I made mine from a recipe I found on damndelicious.com. Here are the ingredients:

* •1 tablespoon olive oil
* •1 1/2 pounds ground beef
* •1 onion, diced
* •Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* •1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* •1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
* •2 cups chicken broth
* •1/4 cup ketchup
* •1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* •1 pound rotini pasta
* •2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* •1 Roma tomato, diced
* •2 green onions, sliced

the last two ingredients (Roma tomato and green onions) were only used to garnish the finished product.

I also added a pinch of red pepper flakes to the meat when I was browning it. Also, the receipt called for two cups of water. I don't recall adding them. I think, between the two cups of chicken broth and the juice from the can of diced tomatos, there was plenty of liquid in the skillet to cook the pasta ... and no room left in the skillet for two cups of anything else. Ha!

Thanks, Spurgeon, I think I'll have to try this one. Also, could you tell us what diameter is your Lodge #10? Would just like to compare it to my Piqua #10--which is just a little bit larger than my Erie #9. I get in more trouble trying to cook stuff in pans that turn out to not be the right size. Any info. would be much appreciated!

Back