Can You Identify This Piece?

This morning I went to a swap meet. Somebody had a large table, about 8 by 12 feet, loaded down with Griswold skillets and two stacks of badly rusted Wagner Ware skillets. Couldn't resist, but I couldn't justify getting more of sizes I already had, so I settled on two of them--a #10 with Griswold in the smaller block letters and Erie PA 716 E on it, and a square skillet of the same size with only the same small block logo, nothing else.

Then I went to another table and found this mystery piece. Can anyone identify its age or maker? It has the number 204 near the end of the handle underneath, and underneath the opposite end of the handle there is a number 1.

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 9
An aebelskiver pan. Doesn't appear vintage. Several identical and similar on eBay, Etsy, Poshmark, etc. with sellers valuing them $15 to over $80, and no indication of a brand. Probably imported, but could be Asian or European.

Thank you! Now that I know what it is, I can search for recipes. :D

So I got two old Griswold pans in great shape today, and a cast iron aebelskiver pan that will need a little seasoning before it's used. Not a bad day at the swap meet. :)

Back