Campfire Dutch Oven

RJ Ruchti

One of the CI pieces I got yesterday. #14 14" shallow Camp Fire Dutch oven in good condition. Has some surface rust, etc. but in great condition overall, all 24 lbs. of it. Believe this to be an unmarked Lodge. Bottom has more rust on it but can make out MADE IN U.S.A. Will go in the electrolysis tank tomorrow.
SAM_1915.JPG SAM_1916.JPG SAM_1917.JPG

$40. Got it cleaned up, seasoned again and a light coat of oil on it. Got a Lodge square fish fryer for $40 and a 12" and 15" Lodge fry pan with lids for $25 each. Little less than auction prices around here.

20230826_145342.jpg 20230826_145413.jpg

I would say you got a great deal on all of them. That 14 alone is worth every penny. Is that fish pan the same as a Broiler pan? I have a round one, Lodge.

I said square but should have said rectangular with rounded corners. Inside at the top of the tapered sides is 18 3/4" X 11" X 3". Back has MADE IN USA and no other numbers. I think these pans were used for various cooking and had various names. Good quality Lodge casting. Seen on on FB marketplace for $125 - listed 11 weeks ago. Was at an antique shop yesterday. Had two pots, round bottom with stubby legs, bottom gate but thin and light weight. One had a big crack in the bottom and evidence of a fire being built inside. Had $25 on each of them. I kept walking.

SAM_1925.JPG

Back