Bought a Wagner waffle maker over the weekend

Its in excellent condition but I really have no use for it except to look at it and maybe at some point sell it.
I'll have to put pics of it up for everyone else to enjoy as well, no sense hogging it LOL.

Im no expert on WIs, but I see no reason it couldnt be used over any heat source. I myself have wondered what the base is actually for. I have no clue if it affects the usage or not?

Im no expert on WIs, but I see no reason it couldnt be used over any heat source. I myself have wondered what the base is actually for. I have no clue if it affects the usage or not?
The base actually serves two purposes. It funnels the heat from the burner or stove Eye up to the bottom of the iron. It also keeps the ball end of the paddles held together so that it doesn’t fall apart when you flip it over.

Surprised there wasn't any response that actually addressed the use of the base needed for proper operation of your waffle iron. Opposite the handle there are two halves that when put together form a ball. That ball is used to set in the cupped section of the base thus allowing the user to turn the paddles without separating the two halves. There are basically two types of bases (low base and high base) both of which perform a function regarding the heat once applied when cooking. Also....the high base actually is easier to use when it comes to turning the paddles from one side to the other which allow the user to turn them without having to lift from the handle end high enough to turn without hitting the cook top being used which would occur on the low base. Attached is an old cast aluminum waffle iron that does not require a base, but it also has a scissor type hinge and raised fins to keep it an even distance off of the cook stove. There are other types of waffle irons that have long cast iron rods which allow the user to keep a safe distance away from the campfire when using them.
Know this is a lengthy response but just wanted to explain the purpose of a base when the piece actually was designed to use a base with.
Keep looking and you will find the proper base. BTW...waffle irons can be used to make several tasty dishes with. I use mine sometimes to cook the shredded hash browns,

Had forgot about this post here on CIC regarding waffle irons. There are lots of different types and brands here. Enjoy...

Thanks for the info regarding bases....I had no clue, but always wondered what the tall and short were for.

Back