Removing JB Weld?

LVaughn

I picked up a Favorite #3 that has had the handle glued back on with some nasty mess that looks like JB weld. The "repair" was obvious and I just paid a dollar or two for it. I would like to clean it up for display, but looking online I don't see any options for removing cured JB Weld other than mechanical which I would rather save for Last Resort. Has anyone had any luck with something like this?

I would say its impossible, but maybe with a LOT of effort, it may come off. Is it worth it? Thats up to you...

Just to see if I could do it I would use a power hand grinder like a Dremel tool with a small round bit. Should be able to tell when the JB is getting thin.

Further cleanup of this little skillet shows that they smeared the JB Weld all over the the inside around the handle area. This one might be a lost cause. Oh well. When the weather warms up a bit I'll try it in the electrolysis tank for a few days just for gits and shiggles.

you could make a clock out of it. I have a Wagner one, its cracked a little, but its cool as a clock.

Back