Photo too large

Andrew Molina

Andy the new guy here. Just a quick question, possible operator error. I can’t seem to upload photos from my library. As soon as my iron is cool, I’m going to try to take a picture and upload it that way, but when I tried, several times, to upload from my library, I received a message saying the file was too large for the server to upload.

Thank you for your time,
Andy Molina

Since large high-res photos are rarely (if ever) necessary for identification purposes, there's no point in posting, for example, a 12MP (megapixel) image (4500 pixels wide) to view on a screen that's 400 pixels (mobile device) to 1900 pixels (PC monitor) wide, only to have the software then have to resize it smaller to view the entire image without scrolling up/down/left/right.

If unfamiliar with resizing image files, the Adding Photos pinned topic includes a suggestion involving emailing them to yourself and letting Windows offer to resize them smaller before attaching to the email. Those copies can then be saved to a folder on your PC other than that of the originals.

Back