P & B Mfg Co., Nashville, Tenn. Enterprise Waffle Iron

MDFraley

Picked this Waffle Iron up a few months back at my local swap meet. When I first laid eyes on it I thought it was a Lodge, but after clean-up found it wasn't. I did my usual research as I do when I find something I can't readily I.D. Started with the CIC foundry data base and P & B Mfg. Co was listed and it said that P&B made C.I. from 1858 thru mid 1930's. Didn't find anything else until I googled P&B Mfg. Co./Nashville, Tenn. and found out that P&B stands for {Phillips & Buttorff).Nashville, Tenn. Found a trade catalog dated 1900's in which the content said it (Enterprise) was from the maker of "Radio Enterprise Warn Air Furnaces & Heating Systems" for homes etc. Circ.1930's. Have no proof of it but I'm thinking that P&B possibly made some cast iron advertising pieces for the Enterprise Systems company. Very nice piece of cast iron and has many similar features as found on a Lodge. Since both companies were based in Tenn, maybe they copied each others design...Who knows for sure???

Love it! It's got features of a later-model WI (oil-catch trough, symmetrical paddle pattern, high base for gas stoves, coil handles). I would guess 1930's. Great piece!

Back