HY marked skillet

BChaney

I have not bought it yet but saw an HY Marked skillet at an estate sale. I cannot find anything on HY marked skillets. Looks fairly old and not Chinese made. Any one know anything?

That's exactly the location of the "HY" mark, same size as yours. What's an "initial skillet"? Who made them, mabye for $14 I should go back and get it?

The initials are those of the molder who cast the pan. There is some speculation that wants to connect them to the Blacklock foundry, but hasn't been proven conclusively.

That's exactly the location of the "HY" mark, same size as yours. What's an "initial skillet"? Who made them, mabye for $14 I should go back and get it?
I like them... I think its a combination of raised sizes on top of the handles and the cooking surfaces usually have some really nice grinding swirls on them. as long as it isn't cracked or warped or badly pitted I think $14 would be a good deal... and sometimes you can sell these for $60-80 to people with the right names to match the initials.

Back