Hello everyone, new to the site..

Joseph Leverton

Sorry for breaking the rules of agreement. I accidentally post two identical threads. New to any type of forum discussion so there may be a few more mistakes. Not done intentionally but I will figure it out. I appreciate the two replies I got on my thread. This is a great site.

See what I mean, typing on my iPad and hit post inadvertently,
I wanted to say that I recently got interested in CI when about three years ago, my brother and I were cleaning out our grandmothers house after having to put her in assisted living at 98 yrs old. I opened the 1950’s oven door and there they were, all the CI that that my grandmother used to make many great meals with..in the oven was a,
-chicken pan #8 1034 w/heat ring, “iron mountain”
-large logo griswold #9, 710, w/heat ring,
-Wagner Sidney o, 1109s round griddle,
and a good health #5 skillet 655
All with many many years of seasoning.
In the basement I found a elongated oval griddle that was in very bad shape. My grandmother was using it to catch water for her plants, very rusty. No identifiable marks, I’ll show and tell this piece in show and tell. It is very interesting and would love some input..
I did not do much with them for a while, they sat up on top of my fridge for a year or so, until I finally pulled the griswold and round griddle down and cleaned them to bare metal and put a new nice black finish back on. I use them every time I cook.
Well that was all it took. I have been buying odds and ends since, and enjoy preserving history and learning about the fascinating history of CI. I am no where near a highly knowledgeable collector and have made a few bad purchases, spending too much on a few buys from an antique shop..but that’s ok, I learn best the hard way. I will stay out of antique stores..
Thanks to you all and look forward to learning from you..

(I will start a thread in the near future with the elongated griddle) it is very interesting

Back