BSR and Meat Press

John K

Just bought these two CI items. One is a BSR with 8D at the 6 but I don’t know the difference between the Red Mountain and a regular BSR. The other item is a meat press that I found different. I have no idea of maker or vintage. It has 2AS on one corner and C8511B or C8 11B on the other. I collect bacon and meat presses for fun. This one is really different. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• BSR 2.jpg
    BSR 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Meat Press 1.jpg
    Meat Press 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Meat Press 2.jpg
    Meat Press 2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 56
The BSR appears to be Red Mountain. The other item is not a meat press. It is part of an older (1970s vintage) Jenn Air cooktop broiler/grill. There were two of them.

I am at a loss now. I was checking ebay for unique CI bacon or meat presses when I saw the item I bought described as a vintage bacon press. Any suggestions as to what it is. KevinE said it is a Jenn Air broiler/Grill. Help!!!!

Looks like Kevin got it right. Jenn-air called them "grill-rocks" and they went below the grill element and grill grates. Ebay seller was probably guessing.

Many of y'all probably don't remember them, but these were Jenn Air's answer for "lava rocks." I had one of the Jenn Air cooktops that had this as part of an accessory for the cooktop. I've seen lots of them for sale advertised as a bacon press or meat press. I still don't understand why anyone would want to press the juices out of a piece of meat (or burgers!) they're cooking, but that's a topic for another thread, I suppose. In any case, they're neither a bacon or a meat press.

Question solved. Thanks KevinE for the info. The only thing I use my presses for is bacon. I to like my steaks juicy. I thought the ebay price for the grill rocks was high, $55. I paid $4 for mine. Again thanks all.

Back