Hi Everyone, could use some help IDing an unusual piece

PattyS

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me with this piece. The outside dimensions are 16" x 9" very heavy, over 15 pounds. There are no name marking, just a number, inside the cover, looks like PO12O00, which makes no sense to me. I was told it was old, but I really don't know. The bottom is textured.

Attachments

• cast iron 046.jpg
    cast iron 046.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 99
  • cast iron 037.jpg
    cast iron 037.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 83
Hi Patty,
Welcome to CIC. Sorry someone hasn't replied to your original post by now. It helps sometime to post these type questions to our main forum under General Cast Iron or the New Collectors section.
As for your piece in question I would say it isn't a so called collectable piece. Appears to be a post 1960's piece but not sure of the maker according to your description and number provided. Should have made in USA on it and since it doesn't I suspect it is of Asian decent.
Looks like a good lasagna pan or covered casserole pan. Handles look to be SS which there again would put it into a more modern era.
Again....Welcome aboard.

To find other posts by a specific user, click on their name in a post and choose the option from the dropdown menu.

Thanks for the info. Doug. I learn something new every day; it keeps me humble.:smile: I do think that pan is nice, although probably not an old one; it wouldn't blow off the picnic table in a high wind!

Back