ODORLESS "Type" 869 Unmarked

MDFraley

There was a thread posted 2-22-15 by JenniferM regarding this same skillet with 19 replies so I won't go into much detail. In my research I found a blog that mentioned there were at least (5) different patterns of this skillet. I have tried to find the same article but have come up empty handed. In our patent data base Pat# 506849 (under Griswold) there is shown two different patterns of this skillet. Fig. 1 shows there are 10 vents between the pour spouts near the handle end and Fig. 4 shows 5 vents in the same area. Assuming that is two different patterns, would it be safe to assume that the other two patterns are the Griswold 869 marked skillets? Also...DougD mentioned that there was a miniature version of this skillet which would be the 5th if I am counting correctly. Just curious to know anything additional other than what I have found so far.
Attached are two pic's of the one I have (unmarked version) and I will truly say that this skillet has the smoothest surface of any in my collection of over 100 and counting.

Attachments

• PC070142 - Copy.jpg
    PC070142 - Copy.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 67
  • PC070143 - Copy.jpg
    PC070143 - Copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
Back