Blacklock?

KevM

found this today bought it cause I never seen one with such big raised letters. is this blacklock? I have yet to see a real pic. ive looked on the computer but there not all of the same pan. looks like the gate was on the side. its the only spot that was ground on.

Bonnie- I remember reading that thread! So funny!

But- if we did have any guesses as to what a Blacklock might look like, wouldn't this be it?

KevM..that is a nice pan and it is very old but as a general rule we do not mention the B word on this site because it makes DougD's head explode.

sorry didn't know. so no one knows 100% what one looks like? these pans fall in the same category as unicorns and sasquatch. I see most people agree on outside heat ring, side gate, raised number on handle, and raised mark on bottom.

From what I understand, there is no documentation or pictures to prove what one looks like. Just what people over the years have come to agree what one might look like. We know the foundry existed and that they made hollow ware. So I believe that they must exist some where. I dont have a "possible b" yet, but I will someday. Even without proof, I think they are cool skillets.

Back