Progress on my Griswold 502

Shawn R

I've made some progress on my Griswold 502 hot plate. Still need to find another grate and I found a crack in the one complete grate I have, I'm going to try to repair it.
griswold%20502%20001.jpg

griswold%20502%20003.jpg

As bought.
Griswold%20502%20001.jpg

It looks sharp. What are you using for the repair. I have a 602 that needs a repair and I was thinking about trying JB weld.

Thanks for the complements.

The bottom of the burners have set screws that tighten against the valves, thats all that holds them in. Notice the difference between mine and your's Jeffery. Where your's has screws through the name plate and hold the bracket which holds the valves. Mine has no brackets and the name plate is held on with split rivets. I think your style is better but this is the way mine was built.

Thanks Jeffery. I really liked yours. Just happened across this one shortly after you posted your finished project. Your's turned out so nice that I decided to take a chance on this one. The 502 seemed like the most ornate and decorative. I've got a lead on a grate that will fit so I can use it but still will be on the lookout for a correct replacement grate.

Back