Need Help identifying a Dutch Oven

CRYancey

Hi, picked up this Dutch oven and started the cleaning process, but not sure exactly who the maker is. I originally thought Iron mountain because of the pattern on the lid, but ???
On the bottom of the oven it says DUTCH OVEN No. 8 with a makers mark "1" at 9:00.
The Lid has No 8 with an underline on the small o.
Image Image
Image Image
forgot to add the up side of the pot! It has no pour spout.

Favorite lids have basting rings like that, so perhaps it's that. I'm not very familiar with their dutch ovens to be sure.

Some have theorized McClary (Canadian), possibly, copied from elements of Griswold IM. Others think they may be something concocted from both Wagner and Griswold patterns by Wagner after the acquisition.

I have a chicken fryer that looks almost identical. The assumption is that Wagner made it post Griswold acquisition. I doubt we will ever know for certain.

Some have theorized McClary (Canadian), possibly, copied from elements of Griswold IM. Others think they may be something concocted from both Wagner and Griswold patterns by Wagner after the acquisition.

Pretty sure they just copied. Have a bunch of waffle irons, one identified from an early 1900's catalog of McClarys and it's a dead ringer for the griswold. Same pattern, same handle, same low base design.

Back