Rainy day #12

John E

Miserable rainy day here today. I swung by the flea market and got lucky because the guy who is always there selling lots of nice CI wasn't around today. Usually he ends up buying all of the pieces off of the other vendors, cleaning them up, and reselling at ridiculous prices. Even though there were half as many vendors as usual due to the weather, I knew my chances would be better.

I've been looking for a #12 locally for a long time now, and today I finally scored one. I am about 99% sure I am going to find a small logo Griswold underneath the crud, but as of right now I can't make out anything on the bottom to confirm it. The font of the 12 on the handle is barely visible and is consistent with Griswold. The vendor asked $20 for it, and I gladly gave it to him without argument.

Just took a peek, and I can confirm that it's a small logo Erie PA (non-Wagner). Still a lot of crud left on it, but I don't see any damage and it sits dead flat. Looking like Tuesday it will have a date with the e-tank.

Well, for various reasons this took much longer than expected, but it's finally done. This was one of those pieces that just didn't want to come clean, so in the end it's extra satisfying. The cooking surface is a bit beat up, but It'll still be perfectly serviceable after a few rounds of bacon :)

Oh also, I was afraid it might get lonely being the new pan in the cabinet, so I got it a friend! This one is in excellent shape, and has a high chance of taking over as my daily user.

That is absolutely nuts. I paid $70 for the #10, which is actually the most I've given for a piece to date. I much prefer crusty rusty projects, but that one was too good to pass up.

I currently have the #3 thru #9, and could buy them all over again for the same price and would still not have spent the current bid.

Back