Wood Bishop Co Bangor Maine

James_M

Im new on here and not sure if this is the right section so i apologize if its not.

July 4th weekend i went with my gf up to Maine for the long weekend and we went to her sisters place and later on that night when we went to cook dinner i found this odd cast iron pan with weird pour spouts and i was like whoa what the heck is this then i flipped it over and seen wood bishop and co . This was the first time meeting her sister but at the end of the trip i did mention i would be interested in her pan if she wanted to get rid of it and she probably thought i was crazy. I mentioned to her that i had a few hundred pieces of CI and i collect so she would maybe understand where i was coming from.

Hi James,

Nice to hear of your interest, I too love the Wood Bishop skillets and have picked up a few in my travels.

Best of luck with your new obsession.

Matt

Nice to find a W & B! Maine is a great spot to pick them, but in my experience they are few and far between even there. I know a few people who consider them their best cookers.

I have a gem pan i picked up last year out in cape cod in a huge hoard of CI i bought from a old timer in a antique shop. Once i got the pans back to my hotel room i started looking at what i had and seen the W B co and i Googled it and figured out who it was. Fast forward a year and thats when i seen the pan i speak of in the 1st post. When i was up in Maine of the 4th i was in Liberty Maine and picked up a 2nd gem pan. I did manage to pick up what is definitely a wb skillet and a 2nd skillet that just has wb on it compared to the other that clearly spells out wood and bishop. Im hoping to run into somemore of these pans in my travels to try to create a set

Back