Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > New Collector's Corner

Notices

New Collector's Corner A Friendly Forum for Those New to the Hobby. No Question Is Too Basic, So Ask Away.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2013, 05:57 PM

Default Newbie questions

Hi – I am having fun trying to identify the cast iron that we own. Would you help identify these pieces and let me know what you think about the cleaning issue. Thank you! P.S. Photos 1-3 are attached to this post and then photos 4-6 will be on the first reply.

-Skillet (photo 1) 10” interior diameter: marked: ‘”Wagner” Sidney, O’ and ‘10 A’ ; unbroken heat ring [1895-1915?]

-Smaller skillet (photos 2&3), ~7” interior diameter. Marked ‘Wagner Ware O’; faint mark ‘1056’ at 6 o’clock; no heat ring. [1920’s?]

-2 cornstick pans (photos 4&5) – probably Lodge. Marked ’27’ and ‘C’ on either side of one of the handles and then two little round indents on the side of the other handle. Ears point in same direction, little balance knobs at either end of the pan. [Dates?]

-Popover pan (photo 6) – raised markings: ‘0I’ ‘ON’ on either side of one handle. Holds 11 popovers: 1st row holds 4, 2nd row: 3; 3rd row: 4. [Dates and any idea where made?]

**Cleaning question - Compared to a lot of your CI that is shown in this forum, our skillets are pretty damaged, but since they are great for cooking, I am wondering if it is worth cleaning them with a lye bath? Or just let them be? What is best long-term for the pans?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wagner 10.jpg (97.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Wagner Ware 1056.jpg (94.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Wagner Ware 1056 bottom.jpg (96.4 KB, 18 views)