Cast Iron Collector Forums  
Google

Go Back   Cast Iron Collector Forums > General Discussion > General Cast Iron

Notices

General Cast Iron General Cast Iron Cookware Topics and Q&A

Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 PM

Default Unmarked Wagner Question

Up until this point I have pretty much been focusing my collections on BSR. But, I recently picked a nice big #10 unmarked Wagner. I really like the piece even though I know it's not all that valuable or hard to find.

I am thinking about putting together a set of unmarked Wagner.

Does anyone here have a chart that tells what all sizes they came in?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2017, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Unmarked Wagner Question

LL,
I also have a couple of BSR that I enjoy cooking with. As far a unmarked Wagner's I have a shallow skillet griddle that's top notch as far as smooth cooking surface and use for those certain meals, a copy of the Griswold I haven't found yet

Ironically I found a Wagner unmarked number 10 the other day for the roommate that wants to keep the few he wants all the same. His two and my griddle unmarked by name but size In inches and USA.

They seem to be exceptional pieces made at that later time frame and shouldn't be overlooked if you like cooking with a nice inexpensive tool:

Unfortunately I can't give all the details of the sizes but still a top notch brand to have in the kitchen.

Steve.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Site Admin

The same thread should not be posted in more than one forum. It's unnecessary and is typically counterproductive.

No chart that I'm aware of.

Unmarked Wagners are seen in (skillets) 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 chicken fryer, 10, 12. Also a 11-1/4" skillet griddle, a 9 angus broiler, a 9 handle griddle, a square skillet, a 5-qt. DO, a junior cornstick pan, a chef skillet, a popover pan, a long griddle. There may be others, but those are the ones that come to mind. Some appear to not have survived past the early 1960s. Some appear to be repurposed Griswold patterns. There are other sizes of skillets of the outside heat ring variety presumed to be unmarked Wagner, e.g. 4 and 9. There are some pieces not marked Wagner that aren't considered unmarked, e.g. double skillet lid.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D. View Post
The same thread should not be posted in more than one forum. It's unnecessary and is typically counterproductive.
Yeah, I tried to delete the other when I realized I had posted it in the wrong board.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:

Unmarked Wagners are seen in (skillets) 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 chicken fryer, 10, 12. Also a 11-1/4" skillet griddle, a 9 angus broiler, a 9 handle griddle, a square skillet, a 5-qt. DO, a junior cornstick pan, a chef skillet, a popover pan, a long griddle. There may be others, but those are the ones that come to mind. Some appear to not have survived past the early 1960s. Some appear to be repurposed Griswold patterns. There are other sizes of skillets of the outside heat ring variety presumed to be unmarked Wagner, e.g. 4 and 9. There are some pieces not marked Wagner that aren't considered unmarked, e.g. double skillet lid.
Thank you that is some great info there.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I was digging through the shop in Blue Mound, IL and came across what seemed to be an unmarked #9. It didn't even have the "XX Inch Skillet" on the bottom, but everything else in its style pointed to Wagner. The only markings I saw were 2 dots on the bottom of the handle. Any thoughts?
Old 09-22-2017, 09:13 AM
Site Admin

I have and have seen several pieces over the years without the dimensional markings that I feel confident are genuine unmarked Wagner.