New Additions Today

I picked up a couple Griswalds today. One of which will go to a co worker. He has been using my Griswald made Puritan for about a week now. He has a current lodge that he was using daily. I had to make him take the Puritan. He was scared of hurting it LOL! I told him I would look for a nice older skillet for him. I hope one of these two will work for him. I’ll keep the other. The wife likes the #7, he may not have a choice on which one he gets. The #8. Has pretty bad pitting on the bottom, but only a small rust caused crater on the inside. Both will clean up very nicely.

I also found an 8 quart Wapak kettle with a lid that is not original to it. I’ll clean up the kettle later. It appears to have been painted, but for $50 I do t think I did wrong on it.

Be patient on the pictures. I’ll get them on when I can. Hopefully in the morning.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/gallery/kJADG

That's nice of you to give one to a co worker. I'm sure he will like using it too. I also like the Wapak, too bad if its painted, but it could be stripped anyways, nice find!

That's nice of you to give one to a co worker. I'm sure he will like using it too. I also like the Wapak, too bad if its painted, but it could be stripped anyways, nice find!

Yes, I am excited about the Wapak. I cant wait to see whats under the thick flaky paint. I am not 100% sure the lid and pot were a marriage, but about 99% sure. It doesn't fit tight on the pot and is a thicker than the side walls of it. Ill set up the E tank today or tomorrow and see whats under the paint. I also need to make a small loop handle for the side of pot.

I agree, the #7 EPU with heat ring is a keeper.

any drip rings or anything inside the lid? kind of looks BSR to me with the tab handle... but there were some old lids made with that style of handle as well since it was easier to cast than the traditional 'loop' handles.

I agree, the #7 EPU with heat ring is a keeper.

any drip rings or anything inside the lid? kind of looks BSR to me with the tab handle... but there were some old lids made with that style of handle as well since it was easier to cast than the traditional 'loop' handles.

Nothing inside the lid but rust pits

drip rings didn't start showing up until around 1920... dutch oven lids prior to that were usually 'plain' on the inside... its possible that it is an 'age appropriate' lid for your kettle.

Back