Today's Haul....

Has about an hour and a half this morning at the local flea. Pickings were slim. Got excited when I saw a table full of rusty iron but they were all small-spouted so I didn't really bother with trying to ID, but my guess was BSR Century or 3 Notch Lodge or later. Came across a table that had a modern Lodge sitting on top of a raised #8 pan. Upon further review, it was an Arc-Lodge 8 that went home with me for $8. It was very cold so I went to the inside where I found a guy selling a pan of mostly Asian imports for $8/per and he wanted $10 for the "Big One" which was an Asian #10. I saw a large spout on one pan so I pulled it out and found it was a Wagner Sidney O. I talked him down to $8 as well and walked around for another hour but saw nothing of note. Unfortunately upon returning home, I found both to have small rocking issues-but neither were a spinner. I know this is a painting with a wide brush, but I'm going to say there are two types of people at flea markets when it comes to CI. One type has the idea that "Griswold is Gold" no matter what, but would sell you a #4 Griswold's Erie for the same price as aSBL. The other type sells CI soley by the size of the pan and would sell you a modern Lodge #8 for the same price of the#8 Gis Slant.

Back